It is therefore essential to know the best times to post on Instagram. So if you want to find out when to post on Instagram and how Instagram works, you've come to the right place.
Table of contents
In reality, there is no secret about when to post on Instagram, because there is no single, precise and defining moment. The best time to post on Instagram depends on various factors, such as the moments of activity of the target you want to reach.
Instagram shows your content to those who are most interested in the topic, but then these users need to interact with the post and then view it, comment, tag friends, like, etc. So to understand what time to post on Instagram you should, first of all, make alternating attempts at different time slots.
In general, interaction is highest between 9 am and 6 pm on weekends. The best day is always Thursday and Sunday has the lowest engagement.
Many studies have been carried out on the best time to post on Instagram, however, each Instagram account has a unique audience, with different characteristics, so to determine when it is most effective to post on Instagram you have to evaluate on a case-by-case basis, even if there are guidelines. general to keep in mind and refer to the times of waking up (such as from 7 to 9) or in conjunction with meals, lunch, and dinner, i.e. in the moments when you unplug from work and are more relaxed.
In fact, there are some precautions to always take into consideration, and on the basis of these evaluations, it is then possible to establish time bands.
- Avoid posting during business hours.
- Make attempts at multiple times and multiple bands of the day, not exceeding 5 posts a day, thinking about your target audience. Experiment and track the results you get.
- Several statistics show that posting in the morning before business hours start can be valid, as people spend time socializing over breakfast.
- Another effective time slot is certainly during the lunch break, therefore from 12:30 to 14:30.
- Post at times when people leave work, for example from 6 pm.
- Another valid time is to post in the evening, between dinner and after dinner, from 19:00 to 22:00.
- Friday is also the best day to post on Instagram, as there are more active users.
- If you target very young users, publish even on weekends, but if you want to interact with commercial activities and avoid business, this choice depends a lot on the target.
- If necessary, pay attention to the time zone if your target also includes foreign and extra-continental countries! Analyze that of your followers by avoiding posting while they sleep. You need to understand where your followers are coming from by doing some research.
Finally, there is a very useful and effective tool to be able to know exactly when is the perfect time to publish a post on Instagram, that is, to take advantage of the Insights made available directly from the social network.
To be able to view these statistics you need to convert your personal profile into a company profile.
The Insights will clearly show you several stats. For example, where are your followers located, their age, their gender, and most importantly when they are most active on Instagram, thus allowing you to find the best time to post because it shows you both the days and the most popular hours in which your followers use Instagram.
Using this data, then, you can gain a specific general understanding of the best times and days to share your content on Instagram, based on your followers.
It should be noted that this analytical tool is completely free.
Also, if you decide to go back to your personal profile, don't worry, as the procedure is reversible. You can request to go back to your personal profile quickly and easily by going to Settings and clicking on the item "Back to personal profile".