Table of contents
Social media refers to all platforms that enable your users to network extensively and extensively and are used for communication. Interactive information is exchanged through digital channels. Social media platforms allow people to connect and share information. They also provide a way for businesses to reach customers and potential customers.
Social networks are websites where users can share information, photos, videos and other types of content. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube are some of the most popular social networks.
A detailed overview and brief presentation of the most popular social networks can be found further down in this article.
Social media can primarily be divided into social networks and messengers. Some platforms combine both functionalities. There are specific orientations of the social networks so that they are in little or no competition with each other.
The future of social networks seems to belong to all-around platforms such as WeChat, which combine messenger functionalities with the properties of classic social networks.
- YouTube is an American video hosting website headquartered in San Bruno, California. It was founded by three former PayPal employees: Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim. In November 2006, Google bought YouTube. YouTube has become one of the most popular websites on the internet. It is estimated that more than 1 billion people visit YouTube every month.
- Facebook is an American social media website founded by Mark Zuckerberg in 2004 and is currently headquartered in Menlo Park, California. Facebook has grown into one of the most popular websites in the world with more than 1.2 billion monthly active users (as of January 2018). It is also one of the largest advertising platforms in the world with over $40 billion in annual revenue.
- Twitter is an online social networking service that allows its users to send and read messages, called tweets (originally 140 characters long), and interact with friends. Twitter was founded in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Evan Williams, Biz Stone, Noah Glass, and Chris Sacca. As of January 2019, it has more than 200 million monthly active users.
- Instagram is an image-based social networking service operated via mobile devices. Users can post images, videos, and text, and view others' posts in their newsfeed. Instagram is one of the most popular social networks today. It has over 500 million users worldwide.
- TikTok is an app that allows users to create short videos and share them on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. TikTok has become one of the most popular apps among teenagers and young adults. It was launched in 2016 by Chinese company ByteDance and has since grown into a global phenomenon with more than 1 billion monthly active users.
- Pinterest is an online social networking service that allows its users to share web content, including images, videos, links, quotes, text posts, and user-generated content. Users can follow other users' boards, and each board has its own rules for what content is allowed on it. Pinterest is one of the most popular social networks today. It was founded in 2010 by Ben Silbermann and Evan Sharp. In 2012, Pinterest had over 100 million monthly active users. Today it has more than 200 million monthly active users.
- Snapchat is an American mobile app that allows users to send photos and videos that delete themselves after viewing. Snapchat has become one of the most popular social media apps among teenagers. It was founded in 2011 by Evan Spiegel and Bobby Murphy. In 2013, the company raised $1.3 billion in funding.
- Linkedin is a B2-B network that works in two ways: first, users can create their own profile page on the site, which contains information about themselves; second, they can search for and interact with people with similar interests and backgrounds. LinkedIn has become one of the most popular social networks for business people. It allows them to network with others in their industry, find new job opportunities, and even make friends. LinkedIn also offers a variety of tools to help businesses manage their online presence. This includes a company page where they can share news and announcements, a blog where they can write articles, and a professional networking space where they can make new connections.
Advantages and disadvantages of social media
Social media and social networks are great tools for building relationships and connecting with people. Social media can be used to make new friends, make business contacts, find jobs, find out about events, etc. It's also an easy way to keep up to date with family members' activities. Social media also provides a platform for businesses to market themselves and build brand awareness. They also provide a way for businesses to connect with customers and prospects.
However, it's not just about posting pictures and videos. It's also about creating and connecting with communities. This is why social media platforms are so important for businesses.
The best thing about social media is that it is free for private users! However, you pay with your data or when you place advertising.
Social media makes it possible to share photos, videos, and other content online. This makes sharing things easier than ever.
Social media and social networks are great communication tools, but they also have some disadvantages.
- You pay with your data and the social networks reserve the right to pass the data on to other companies for advertising purposes.
- Social media can make users addicted.
- Using social networks can take a lot of time.
- Using social media can distort reality.
- Information on social networks can be false and used for propaganda purposes.